Saturday, May 23, 2015

Life without a mask

Looking up and around,
the world seems different somehow.

Realization dawns,
My mask has slipped.

I am looking out with a pure gaze
unjaded, unbiased
by life's melancholy

Everything seems a shade brighter
than it used to be

Life feels vibrant
the screen has slipped
between the real world and me

A cloud passes over
everything is dimmer now

Experiencing life is a rollercoaster
of ups and downs

Euphoria sometimes,
Despair also combines
To weave the colourful fabric
that is life.

I need my mask for when
reality turns ugly

and I can't bear to see the world as it is

Also what if people see the person
that happens to be me

in a false reality of smirks
from which I flee.

There is no place where
I can be just me

How I'd love to be just me

No comments:

Post a Comment