Saturday, May 23, 2015

Eternity

Fiery red flames
set the sand ablaze
Touching gently, caressing even
the  waves lap
at the shore
leaving white foam in their wake
The sea gulls call to each other
in the sky
yearning for the break of day
cool pebbles
break our foot prints
the ones we leave behind us
as proof that we were there

Wading through the water
squelching sand between our toes
the warm pressure of your hand on mine
reassures, comforts
I know that you'll be there
when I need you
I wish this moment
would never end

A lifetime of happiness
I've stored up
in case it doesn't last
till the end
Locked in a close embrace
salty with the sea breeze
Don't want to ever let you go
Could talk to you for hours
or just sit silent
Feel your presence next to me
Saying I love you
without any words at all
This memory will not fade
I will always remember
I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment