Thursday, November 12, 2009

Living life in the fast lane

In today’s glamorous jet set life, everyone seems to be doing their best to squeeze everything they can into the space of a single day….It’s crammed so full that sometimes there’s not enough place to breathe…Every part of me that can be traced back to my sussegad Goan roots feels violated ….i just want to be by myself ….maybe doing nothing at all but feeling at peace with myself and the universe around me and maybe occasionally ponder on some of the mysteries out there…..however this is all but a distant possibility , so distant that I think a star would be closer. There’s always something that I need to be doing, or that I should have done that constantly haunts me...leaving behind traces of guilt , that like Lady Macbeth , I can’t seem to erase.Even if by some miracle, there’s no guilt ( this is a very rare phenomenon ) looking at everyone bustling around like ants or bees ,whichever are busier….is more than enough to give poor lil me a complex…somehow my days don’t seem fulfilled unless I have that certain sense of accomplishment that comes from having achieved all that I have planned for the day….I guess we’re all so busy trying to create this picture perfect life that sometimes we have no time to actually live it…sometimes we could choose to relax at home instead of going to that party we feel obligated to attend…we could take time out to go to the beach….alone in the early hours of dawn ….and let the glory of a sunrise wash over us …and listen to our hearts beating within us against the background of the musical waves….More than anything else I think it’s important to do some soul searching every now and then…go on a little journey to rediscover parts of ourselves we’ve forgotten…to get to know the people we’re becoming over time ,to love the person we are right now , at this very minute…to see how very special we are….In the midst of my humdrum existence where more often than not I found myself unhappy, I met a very wise person who told me to replace all the have to’s , should’s, would’s, did not’s with a simple could ….my path of could’s has only just begun…I still slip into my old ways now and then …..but I was simply amazed at the amount of pressure that was lifted off my shoulders …I feel so much lighter when I do take the time out to implement ‘could ’ in my life….I’ve realized that I don’t have to be perfect all the time but trying is more important than anything else and giving up doesn’t solve any problems…just makes me feel weakerEvery day is a new fairytale…there are new princes to meet, more dragons to slay and enchanting castles to discover.But first we have to take some time to know ourselves …both strengths and weaknesses to fight the battle successfully .We have to remember that winning isn’t everything but it feels good. Losing is more important than winning because it teaches us how to win and last of all we should take our time to do the things we want to and be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment