Friday, April 17, 2009

A dying soldier

Shades of colour pass before my eyes
Right before I die
The white hot stabbing pain
Mingles with a dull red
Of violence and bloodshed

A soldier for my country
That’s what I was
Once long ago
All the killing seems
So senseless now
In these last few moments
Before HE calls

Pakistanis, Indians all seem one
As felled by the blows
of the government
they stoop down to die
biting the dust
stifling a cry
And then, Oblivion
Pain no more

As I look back
On how I charged in battle
Proud of each man I killed
I was
proud to serve my country
Proud to be an Indian
And I was here…
Possibly to make the biggest sacrifice
Of them all

Now I lie here beaten
My life’s blood draining out of me
I think of my loved ones
Think..is it really worth it?
Putting my country
Above all else
As my eyes close
And I drift towards
Eternal sleep
I cant but think
A Pakistani somewhere must
Be proud that he killed me

1 comment: